Monday, June 15, 2009

Denver. 11June 2009. Hittin' the high note in the Highlands.

Great gig at the Highland Pacific last night. Good to see a lot of old friends. I used to live 1 block from this venue so these are my old Denver stomping grounds.

Arnie J. Green showed up on crutches and sat in with us on a couple tunes at the end of the night. Although the weather outside was stormy, the energy in the bar was just right. Ben, Tim and I gelled quite well together and I'm getting the sense that we are going to tear some places up this summer. Our segue jams are going to new and "dark places" as Tim put it. We all had a pretty rough day with external distractions and it felt rejuvenating to escape in the jams. May have been the best "Sugaree" we've ever played.

The new songs are also taking shape quite well on the stage. I told Ben after the show,"maybe we should've waited to record the album until after the tour." Ben pointed out that we'll just have to head back into the studio for the next one this fall. I agree with that idea.

Well, thanks Highland Pacific for a wonderful show. I used to play here regularly, like once a month, but now we will have to wait until fall until we return. The east coast awaits... and Moe's Bar-b-que in Englewood next Thursday.

peace,

dew

No comments:

Post a Comment